On the 30th, the foreign ministers of Egypt, Jordan, and France held talks in the Egyptian capital, Cairo, discussing the humanitarian crisis in Gaza and calling for an immediate and permanent ceasefire in the Gaza Strip.
On the 30th, the foreign ministers of Egypt, Jordan, and France held talks in the Egyptian capital, Cairo, discussing the humanitarian crisis in Gaza and calling for an immediate and permanent ceasefire in the Gaza Strip.
According to a joint statement issued by the Egyptian Foreign Ministry, Egyptian Foreign Minister Shoukry, Jordanian Foreign Minister Safadi, and French Foreign Minister Le Drian called for an immediate and permanent ceasefire in the Gaza Strip and the release of all detained individuals. They warned against the "dire consequences of the humanitarian situation, famine, and the collapse of the health system in the Gaza Strip," and opposed any attempts to forcibly evict Palestinians from their territories, leading to their displacement.
The statement said that the foreign ministers of the three countries called on Israel to remove all obstacles to the delivery of humanitarian aid and to allow and facilitate the use of all land crossings to expand the provision of humanitarian assistance to the people of the Gaza Strip.
The statement said that the foreign ministers of the three countries opposed any military attacks on the southern city of Rafah in the Gaza Strip. Rafah is currently a shelter for 1.5 million displaced Palestinians, and any attack on Rafah would result in a large number of casualties and exacerbate the humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip.
The statement said that the foreign ministers of the three countries called for the full implementation of the UN Security Council resolution requiring an immediate ceasefire in Gaza during the month of Ramadan, and emphasized the need to implement the "two-state solution," establishing an independent Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital, based on the 1967 borders and enjoying full sovereignty.
The UN Security Council adopted Resolution 2728 on the 25th of this month, calling for an immediate ceasefire in the Gaza Strip during Ramadan to achieve a long-term, sustainable ceasefire. This is the first time since the escalation of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on October 7 last year that the Security Council has adopted a resolution calling for an immediate ceasefire in the Gaza Strip.